Recently many businesses have been targeted through various scams on Facebook. The goal of these fraudulent schemes is to get the user to click on a link in order to gain access to their personal information or even their accounts.
These messages can come through Facebook Messenger or via email, and usually contain links to malicious websites. It is important to be wary of these scams and take the necessary steps in order to protect yourself from them.
If you receive a suspicious message on Facebook or by email, it’s best to contact us here at New York Marketing. We can help you determine if this is a legitimate message or a scam.
Here are some tips to help you stay safe from Facebook scams:
- DO NOT click on any links or open attachments in messages sent by people you don’t know.
- If the message appears to be from someone you know, make sure to contact them directly in order to confirm if they sent it.
- Check for spelling errors and suspicious email addresses.
- Make sure to keep your Facebook account secure by setting a complex password and enabling two-factor authentication.
- Regularly update your computer’s software in order to ensure the latest security patches are applied.
- Be aware of any messages claiming to be from banks, government agencies or other large organizations asking for personal information or financial assistance.